Project Bid Opportunities
The Town of Rico has partnered with BidNet as part of the Rocky Mountain E-Purchasing System to post bid opportunities to this site. As a vendor, you can register with the Rocky Mountain E-Purchasing System and be sure that you see all available bids and opportunities. By selecting automatic bid notification, your company will receive emails once the Town of Rico has a bid opportunity that matches your company’s business. In addition, the site handles bid opportunities, RFPs, and RFQs for other member governmental agencies throughout Colorado.
The Town of Rico looks forward to providing you with more bid information and simplifying the entire bid, proposal, and quote processes for everyone involved. We appreciate your cooperation and welcome your participation. If you need help registering, please call the Rocky Mountain E-Purchasing System support department toll free 1-800-835-4603 option #2.
Link to the Town of Rico open solicitations:
Link to Vendor Registration Screen:
- Town Park and Recreation Improvements
The Town of Rico is working to secure grant funding to improve your outdoor recreation amenities within town limits. A survey was used to better understand what amenities the community would like to see. Close to 100 surveys were collected.
This information was compiled and a community engagement meeting was hosted at Town Hall on Monday July 10, 2023 to further refine the scope and priorities of the town.
A final project scope and budget should be available to the public in the near future.
- Town Public Works Facility
Final Construction Documents below:
The town was award a DOLA EIAF grant on July 21, 2023. This project will be going out to bid and construction is tentatively scheduled to begin in September.
- San Miguel Power Association Microgrid
San Miguel Power Association with assistance from the Town of Rico are investigating the feasibility of a Microgrid within the community to increase resiliency and redundancy of the power system within Town.
SMPA Presented to the Board of Trustees at the Jan 23, 2022 meeting
- Rio Grand Southern River Trail
See the links below for information related to the Rio Grand Southern River Trail project:
- September 10, 2020 letter from Rico Trails Alliance to the Town of Rico
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Rico Trails Alliance and the Town of Rico
- USFS Decision Notice approving the Rico Trails Project - Rio Grand Southern (“River Trail”)
- Record trail easement through Lazy Rooster Ranch
- River corridor dedication plat
- Fiber Optic Internet
- July: being installation of additional duct needed for the project
- September – November: complete fiber optic installation and drops to homes and businesses